Friday, October 7, 2011

Choices






Fed up of troubles and fed up of pains

I appealed to The Lord, human life is so lame

I want to be reborn and have a pretty life

Make me something where I don’t have strife



A smile played on his lips, you could call it mischievous

Of course dear, choice is yours, just be cautious

I was delirious, facing so many options

Oh, how to choose, how to avoid the wantons



I wanted to be beautiful, to be colorful and soft

Make me a flower; nothing can go wrong I scoffed

Very well he said, you shall be a flower

But your figure and color is not in my power



You could be the red rose in a lover’s hand

Or a carnivorous one in a forbidden land



Stumped by reality, I rechecked my choices

Make me a tree, strong and harmless

Very well he said, you shall be a tree

But your type and trunk, I cannot guarantee



You could be a tree laden with fruits and climbers

Or a dry one, your trunk used only for death pyres



I thought and thought, silly ideas away I cast

Make me a water body, flowing and vast

Very well he said, you shall be water

But your place and taste, I cannot alter



You could be a river quenching everyone’s thirst

Or could be a part of quick sand, none would trust



I understood then, the meaning of his words

Humbled I was, before the all-knowing Lord

I know what I want to be, let me be human

This time I will try to be more humane



I don’t care about the color, type or place

At least I can mould my future at my own pace




7 comments:

  1. this is one amazing poem.. :) :) loved it..
    beautiful.. superb.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Arpita...Glad that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't find it sad :) its inspiring.. It shows we are always having two options, good or bad, maybe its our choices that lead us to which future we have, good or bad :) Either ways, one can always mold the bad to good later I think! Loved it!

    Leo @ I Rhyme Without Reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, It is only possible in human birth that we can decide what is good and what is wrong.We must be lucky to be born as human and should utilze it. Glad that you loved it.Keep Visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good. I agree with your reply which you have given to Leo's comment. Again, is it necessary to say that the poem is good. Now, need to say every time that your poems are good. Only good and excellent poems you write. The expression, style and your flowery language...tirugu ledu...keka. Aur isse bada kya likte koyi bhi jo aap ka umruka. Laa jawaab. Itna volcano of talent and skills kaha se achanak aaraha hai. Hamko to absos ka baat hai. Phir bhi maanlenge, aap hai kaun? Manduva, Manduva. Ye Manduva jo log aisi rahti.

    Dr. Manduva Narasimha Rao
    Senior Assistant & In-charge
    Engineering Section, Kakatiya University
    Warangal

    ReplyDelete