Sunday, December 4, 2011

Violated

As I walk again tonight along the dark lane
I relive that fateful night vivid with terror
I can still smell the caustic stench of your mane
I can still feel your body quiver with barbaric pleasure
Now I think twice before stepping out of my zone
I never again want to be torn and thrown

A bundle of nerves now, I always worry
Heart beats faster whenever I see a stranger
I break in to a running spree even at a rat’s scurry
I jump at every shadow, they seem more sinister
Always a cheerful girl, now my smiles feels mocking
At the stained innocence perverts seem to be flocking

 
I feel dirty, my respect has been tampered
My eyes always wary, searching an unknown signThe pain hasn’t gone, my body feels battered
Cannot cover the bruises, though I try to feignBut I can look straight in to the eyes in the mirror
Can you dare to do the same without a shade of terror?


What did you think? I would wallow in self pity
Waste away my life buried in unknown fears?
You would have never come across one so gritty
Yes I cry, I cry and wipe away the tears
Yes I fall, but get up and dust gravel like thee
You can hurt only the skin not the spirit in me


I always think if you would be here ever?
You will never because you live in fear
But I am here again, daring to walk alone
Dreams, Hope and courage are mine to own
I pity over the one who is violated
My body has healed, will your soul ever?




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another excellent expression of poem from your blog. Keep it up.

    Dr. MN Rao, KU, Wgl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here it comes, another master piece...
    Challenging and hoping for a change in the Culprit by Victim.
    Getting into the shoes of such innocent souls and expressing their views, Great work Manasa.
    Keep Going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best line..

    I pity over the one who is violated
    My body has healed, will your soul ever?

    Excellent

    ReplyDelete