Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Daddy strongest!!

Dedicated to my Dad who is and will remain my strength forever!!

This is not the end my dear
Let me make that clear
You can do more my girl
 Don’t feel low, this is not done

There is more to come, there is more to win
Buckle yourself up and raise your chin

Yesterday was a dark and rainy day
Hovering with clouds dull and grey
Smile like a sun and keep the glum at bay
There is no stopping you, conquer the way

There is more to flow, there is more to swim
Gear yourself up and move your limbs

You are my hope, you are my pride
Never ever fear, I am here to guide
You are my trust, you are my faith
Together we can set this straight

There is more to soar, there is more to fly
Get ready my dear there is no limit to sky

Date your dreams, court your aim
Love your guts, Victory is yours to claim
Flirt with time, flaunt your skill
You will experience winner’s thrill

There is more to walk, there is more to climb
Walk the talk and you will conquer this time



 Pics Courtesy: My space and shuttershock.com


4 comments:

  1. my strength too.what a lovely post it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Manasa. One of my friends from TISS asked me to go this blog. Your latest poem, "My (your) Daddy Strongest" needs to be strengthened in many ways. The strength of the father has not been focused from all angles and it has been restricted. Your poem nicely narrated the all time support of a father and guidance but it would have been more better had it been ended with daughter's assurance to the father. Your other poems and stories are excellent."Why Lord" is a great presentation.

    Deepika Bajaj
    Andheri West, Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Deepika!! I will try to incorporate your suggestions the next time I write a poem about Dad!!

    Happy New Year and Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete