Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Lady

eternal light 1 mirror pictures, backgrounds and images

I met her today with a curious look in my eyes
Wondering what the look in her eyes implies
Sharing my woes is our regular confluence
My heart feels feather under her influence


She looks different today I surmise
Her eyes are shining like sunrise
I feel the difference and appraise
Looking at her for an apprise

She smiles at me as a mother smiles to her child
Her gaze has a pride, As if I were her esteem profiled
“I let you down today”, I said with guilt in my eyes
Her smile very intact, she strongly denies

“I broke under the pressure, bowed my head to censure
I defied your principles and never showed pleasure”
She patted my back with a forgiving gesture
“But you stood up again, the reason for my pleasure”

You succumbed to the injuries
While crossing the boundaries
That was beyond your reach
Look inside you is what I beseech

You will find that you always dared to dream
You were courageous enough to travel upstream
Obstacles are a way of making you strong
That is the way you stand out in throng

I smiled and I raised my head with pride
Now I knew that the glint in her eyes were bestride
Ready to face a new day with my bestowed vigor
I took leave of her and walked away from the mirror.


5 comments:

  1. Chaala Bagundi Manasa Keep It Up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Still it is unbelievable to me Manasa.

    Dr. MN Rao (Babai)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone....I have submitted this poem as part of a contest...Please rate it @ http://www.poetry.com/poems/my-lady/14578465/

    ReplyDelete